I often meet women from all walks of life and all business backgrounds and different industries who struggle to connect with their creativity. Being a qualified Transpersonal Art Therapist and now life and business coach I have worked with so many women over the years who have been challenged creatively simply because they were trapped in a mindset that defined creativity as artistic skill. Does that sound a little like you?
One of the things I love to do most is to challenge anyone I meet who states “I’m not creative” to think about creativity in a different way, with a new mindset, rather than the more narrow or limited one that has led them to believe they are not creative
We are all creative but we need to open up and believe this to be true to really take advantage of this creativity. Creativity is within us – it is not an act of luck to be born creative. It’s not as rare as a four leaf clover!
I want you to think for a moment about all the creative things you do everyday in leading your business (and your life). When I think of my own list it would include things like;
- Meeting with clients
- Writing content for my programs
- Brainstorming new ideas
- Creating new products
- Having meaningful conversations
- Researching, reading, exploring, investigating all sorts of information
- Making decisions
- Identifying solutions to perceived challenges or issues
- Drafting articles
- Taking breaks to rejuvenate myself!
- Making sure I have fun when I am working
- Adding the day’s successes and gratitudes to my journal
- Getting out for a walk and some fresh air
- Creating balance in everything I do
- Possibly drawing out ideas as mind maps or vision maps
- Reviewing and connecting with my vision book
- Creating and delivering webinars
- Meeting with joint venture partners to share knowledge and create inspiring events
- Connecting with family, friends and people who inspire me
- Eating good nutritious food to fuel my body and brain
- Nurturing my inner artist with beauty
Your list may look similar or it may be filled with lots of different things. Is there anything on that list that requires me to have artistic skill or use the artistic skill I do have? No, not really
So why do you need to embrace your creativity?
Quite simply because when you are creating you are more likely to be
- Able to find successful solutions quickly
- Have a can-do and success focused attitude
- Enjoy your life
- Able to see the big picture, so have a visionary perspective
- Better communicate with others
- Feel more grounded
- Be inspirational
- Uncover previously hidden gems (the little or not so little a-ha moments)
- Feel happier, more content and motivated
- Less stressed
- Work from a place of strength and opportunity
- Much, much more!
Now wouldn’t you like to step up as the leader of your business actively using all of these qualities and more?
I certainly do and I know wholeheartedly that this makes a difference to my day, each and every day and ensures that I am the best I can be for my clients and therefore my business and myself
My creativity is helping me to literally create success in my life and the lives of others and yours can too