It’s a new Financial Year in Australia starting this coming Monday, July 1st!
In my Facebook Group for women in business (join the Thriving Entrepreneur Circle here) it is #MarketingTuesday, so an ideal day to remind everyone to do a checkin so that’s exactly what I shared today – my top 10 questions to ask to complete a mid year marketing review.
In fact the questions are great at any review milestone – monthly, quarterly, half yearly, annually.
Let’s get back to the fact it is the end of the current Financial Year at the end of the week. That makes it a great time to review your marketing foundations. At mid calendar year you can actually gain a lot of insight into things from two key perspectives. How is your marketing tracking for the financial year and how is it tracking for the calendar year?
Why is it good to do a mid year checkin?
Well simplest answer to that awesome question is the mid year review can reveal fabulous data that can help you make decisions with regards to what to invest your time, money and energy into marketing for the second half of the year.
It can also give you a benchmark in terms of performance against any goals set at the beginning of the calendar year.
So how do you do a review?
Here’s the top 10 questions I’d ask – not necessarily in any particular order
1. Are my products/services still relevant? If not what can I stop selling or delivering?
2. What is my turnover and profit for each product/service I sold so far this calendar year/financial year?
3. Am I actively promoting all of my products/services?
4. Is my branding up to date and consistent across all my marketing?
5. Which marketing strategies have worked for me this year/FY?
6. If I don’t know the answer to question 5, what measures can I put in place to know moving forward?
7. Are my ideal clients/customers still ideal? If no then what changes need to be made to connect with the right ones for what I’m selling?
8. Have I defined benefits for what I sell and are they included in my marketing?
9. Have I actively collected testimonials and if so what do they say?
10. Have I reviewed my core marketing collateral for consistency? Website, print media, social media, linked in, videos etc
Once you’ve answered these questions I’d create a SSC list
What will I STOP doing?
What will I START doing?
What will I CONTINUE doing?
Then create a set of specific, measurable goals with timelines related to your start and continue actions!
Marketing review done!